In this video you will learn how to add new users in WordPress and also different roles that can be assigned to them.
Roles and Capabilities of new user in wordpress
- Administrator – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber – somebody who can only manage their profile.
The site owner has the ability to control what users can and cannot do within the site. A site owner can manage the user access to such tasks as
- writing and editing posts,
- creating Pages,
- creating categories,
- moderating comments,
- managing plugins,
- managing themes, and
- managing other users, by assigning a specific role to each of the users.
If you’re using WP in multisite (network) mode. Then, the superadmin is the administrator of the network of sites.
“Admin” is the highest level for non-multi-site (non-network) sites.