In this video you will learn how to add new users in WordPress and also different roles that can be assigned to them.
Roles and Capabilities of new user in wordpress
- Administrator – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber – somebody who can only manage their profile.
The site owner has the ability to control what users can and cannot do within the site. A site owner can manage the user access to such tasks as
- writing and editing posts,
- creating Pages,
- creating categories,
- moderating comments,
- managing plugins,
- managing themes, and
- managing other users, by assigning a specific role to each of the users.
Reference article is available here: https://wordpress.org/support/article/roles-and-capabilities/#:~:text=WordPress%20has%20six%20pre%2Ddefined,set%20of%20tasks%20called%20Capabilities.
If you’re using WP in multisite (network) mode. Then, the superadmin is the administrator of the network of sites.
“Admin” is the highest level for non-multi-site (non-network) sites.